Businesses are always looking for ways to streamline their processes. Anything you can do to save your company time and money can really help your bottom line. For many companies, that includes commercial receiving service.
Whether you’re relocating your business or just need a hand receiving some large items, this service is a lifesaver for many companies across Chicago. It frees up your employees’ time, gives you the peace of mind that your items are being tracked and cared for, and can even help reduce workplace stress since you’re taking a big project off of your team’s plate.
So, what exactly is commercial receiving service? How do you know if it’ll benefit your company? Who offers this service, and how much does it cost? Let’s dive in.
What is commercial receiving service, and who needs it?
Commercial receiving service basically means that your company is partnering with another company to receive deliveries or shipments. Usually this is a temporary arrangement, though some commercial receiving service companies are happy to create longstanding partnerships.
There are all sorts of reasons that your company might need some help with commercial receiving. For example:
- You’re preparing for an office move and need your furniture, computers, décor, etc. delivered to a secure location. The delivered materials will be stored until your new office is ready to be furnished.
- You’re renovating your existing office space and just need someone to hold onto the new items until you can refurnish.
- You have a large event coming up that you’ve had to order a bunch of items for—but your building isn’t large enough to hold onto everything until the event. In some cases, companies need a place to store their existing office furniture during the event.
- Your office team is largely remote, so your facility isn’t always staffed to receive deliveries.
In other words, if you don’t have the time, the staff, or the room to worry about when large deliveries might come in, a commercial receiving service could be the answer!
The commercial receiving process is pretty simple:
- You find a legit company to receive and inspect your deliveries.
- You tell the receiving company what you’ve ordered and provide any tracking numbers or estimated delivery dates.
- They let you know when they’ve received each item and alert you to any damage that might’ve occurred in transit.
- They’ll schedule a date and time for them to drop the items off at your facility. If necessary, they’ll assemble any necessary furniture and take the disposable and recyclable packaging materials with them so you’re left with a clean office that’s ready for use.
Remember: commercial receiving service is supposed to make your life easier. Your receiving company should schedule their delivery around your schedule—not the other way around!
Who offers commercial receiving service in Chicago?
When you think of commercial receiving service in Chicago, you might conjure up an image of your local post office or UPS store. While those are good options for some deliveries, they tend to have strict rules about what can be delivered and who can deliver it. Not to mention the pricey fees and the fact that you’ll have to pick it up!
Instead of dealing with a huge organization that makes you work around their schedule, look into the best movers in Chicago. Local moving companies are customer centric, serviced-based businesses. They’ll work around your timeline to receive all of your materials and deliver them to your office at a time that works for you.
How much does commercial receiving service cost?
Commercial receiving cost depends on a few factors. When you contact a few local companies for estimates, they’ll ask a few questions, including:
- How many items will you ship to them?
- What is the approximate size and weight of each piece?
- How long will you need them to store the items? Keep in mind that storage fees may apply if they’re holding onto the materials for more than a couple of days.
- How far is your drop-off location from their facility?
- Can they deliver everything at once, or do you need certain items more quickly? Each trip to your office will come with a fee, so it’s more cost effective if they can bring all items to you at the same time.
- When they deliver the items, will they need to assemble anything like office furniture or desks?
Once your local commercial receiving partner has this information, they’ll be able to provide an estimated price. And after they’ve received all of your items, they’ll work with you to schedule a date and time to bring them to your office—and even set everything up if necessary!
You need help with an upcoming receiving project—and we’ve got your back! If your office is located in the Chicagoland Area, Move-tastic! can fulfill your commercial receiving needs. Contact us today to learn more!