Moving can be expensive. Fortunately, there are several ways to make your home relocation more affordable! When you are prepared for your pack and your move—and when you choose Chicago’s favorite movers—you can find affordable movers in Chicago that will make your relocation efficient and stress-free!
Tips to make your move more affordable
The key to an affordable move is preparation. And not being prepared is a very common moving mistake. But when you are organized and prepared, your move can go quickly and smoothly. Here are a few ways to prep for your move day that’ll help you save money:
- Label, label, label! If you are packing your own materials, be sure to label each box. Write the room, contents, and special notes on each box. For instance: “Kitchen Dishes – Fragile” or “Books for Living Room – Heavy!”
- Prepare your belongings. Empty out the shelves and drawers of your cabinets, dressers, and closets. Do this before your move day so that your move crew can start loading the truck right away.
- Make pathways. The day before your move, clear hallways and stairways of any obstructions. This way, your move crew won’t be held up when they start moving. If you’re moving in the winter, try to shovel and salt any outdoor areas to help the movers stay safe and move quickly.
- Have a plan. Make sure you know where you’d like your furniture to be placed in your new home. This will help your move crew to work quickly and avoid additional labor if anything needs to be moved around once inside.
Tips to make your pack more affordable
When you budget for your move, don’t forget about the cost to pack your belongings. You have several options for your pack, depending on how much time and money you want to spend. The main two choices are whether to pack yourself—or hire a professional team.
When you hire a professional packing team, you are partnering with experts who know how to adequately protect your materials. They will carefully wrap and box all of your belongings. Professional packers may also take responsibility for any breakage that might occur. So, you know you’re covered!
If you choose to pack your own belongings, you’ll need to equip yourself with the following packing supplies:
- Packing paper to wrap your glassware, stoneware, and other delicate items.
- Bubble wrap to pad your breakables.
- Sturdy plastic rental bins as an alternative to cardboard boxes. These bins are better for the environment and can save you money!
- Wardrobe boxes to pack your hanging clothing items.
Why a professional mover is better than a cheap mover
It always feels good to save money. But when it comes to moving all of your possessions, you want to be careful about choosing too cheap of a moving service. Affordable movers in Chicago can save you money, but they also need to be professional and careful. Your belongings should be treated with care. And this often includes hiring professional movers.
All moving companies—even affordable moving companies—must be licensed and insured. These credentials identify them as a legitimate company. If your moving team hasn’t taken the proper steps to identify themselves as a legitimate business, you can’t be sure if you’re hiring true professionals.
Being licensed and insured means that your move crew is covered in case of injury. Or in case of any damage to your belongings! Professional movers take great care when they pack and transport your items. But damage sometimes happens. It’s just the nature of the moving business. Affordable professional movers have the right coverage to protect you and themselves just in case of damage.
Move-tastic! is Chicago’s favorite moving company
Your belongings deserve the best possible care. Our team can deliver smooth and stress-free moves on a budget. Jump on our website for a free estimate today!