How do you ensure a smooth and stress-free move? You use a printable moving checklist!
Move-tastic! can help ensure that you have an efficient—and even fun—move. And since planning is key to a successful move, we created this checklist to help our clients have the best moving experience possible.
You can’t plan a move in a day. Our moving checklist is a free resource that provides step-by-step moving guidance. It’ll keep you organized, stress-free, and help you enjoy the excitement of moving to your new home!
Why you need a moving checklist
Moving doesn’t have to be stressful. In fact, planning ahead and staying organized can help you manage stress in all facets of your life—including your move!
When you follow a helpful moving checklist, you can rest easy knowing that you’re organized. And you’ll have the confidence you need to take on any curveballs the world might throw at you in the weeks leading up to your move like closing date changes or poor weather.
How does a printable moving checklist help you prepare for your move?
We created the printable moving checklist to help our clients stay organized throughout the moving process. The checklist will also help put things on your radar that you might not have thought of. We included everything you’ll need to do in the month leading up to move day. Here are some examples:
- A chart to list when you’ll end each utility or service at your old home and start it at your new home.
- Reminders to plan for packing your home for moving.
- Tips on packing your boxes.
- A list of people to notify of your new address.
- Final items to check off of the checklist in the week leading up to your move day.
What can happen if you don’t use a moving checklist to prepare for your move?
You have a lot to think about when you prepare for your move. And it’s easy for some details to fall through the cracks. If you don’t use a moving checklist to help prepare for your move, you might miss a small detail—or a major one!
So save yourself some stress and take advantage of the resources around you. Use our printable moving checklist to help you throughout the month leading up to your move.
Other useful resources for moving
Moving to a new home is an exciting project that involves a lot of details. And we’re here to help! Here are a few helpful resources that you can use to stay informed and proactively plan your move:
- An article on how much it costs to move in Chicago
- An article on why hiring professional movers saves you money
- A website to rent plastic moving bins to help you save money and have an eco-friendly move
- Frequently asked questions that Illinois residents have as they prepare for their move
In addition to packing your home and coordinating the move itself, you’ll have to transfer some services from your old home to your new one. Here are a few websites that will help you have a smooth transition:
- Move My Service for Commonwealth Edison electricity
- Start, stop, or move energy service with People’s Gas
- United States Postal Service Change-of-Address form
The best local movers in Chicago also provide resources like information on moving insurance and how to prep and pack for moving day. As you research local moving services to help with your move, make sure that you partner with a company that will help you every step of the way.
Move-tastic! is dedicated to helping our clients through every step of their move. Our printable moving checklist can keep you organized and help you have a smooth and stress-free move. Once you’ve downloaded the checklist, just visit our website to request a free estimate!